Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Brunswick - a place of deep roots for me!

On Wednesday August 25th I headed out from Quebec City - destination for the day - Campbellton NB.
 After getting turned around in Rivier du Loup while trying to find gas and a rest room a helpful man at the Shell service station guided me in the right direction to the highway heading towards Edmonston.
New Brunswick

New Brunswick is gorgeous - with miles and miles of rolling hills and forest - it can however be deadly as the moose here feel they own the roads along with the forest!

Maple LeafGreat architecture at this church
I passed through Saint Quentin - it is a gorgeous community and is considered the Maple Capital of the Atlantic... and they pay homage to the Maple with this enormous Maple Leaf.
They also have gorgeous architecture and this church (picture provided by my cousin) is a fine example.

As I rode through the upper portion of the province and in to the Grand Falls area familiar names of my childhood brought memories of happier times - family reunions, the smell of baking in my grand mothers kitchen...after all that had gone on in my family in the last 10 days - I was grateful for the wind therapy and old memories....

Super 8I look very forward to returning to this area in about 10 days or so when I will get to pay a visit to many of my uncles, aunties and cousins who still live in the region.

In the pouring rain at about 8pm I rode in to Campbellton and found my motel - conveniently located next to a Sobey's grocery store. I bought some Dristan for the cold I had acquired in North Bay and a microwave dinner from the deli...
This was to be the first Pacrim Hospitality motel I stayed at...
Michelle at hotel
Michelle is the gal on the left.


What a treat - the gal at the front desk - Michelle - wow is all I can say - she deserves a raise and a Super Star award - this little lady really gets customer service! She worked the evening shift and was back at 7 am!




Over all I am very impressed with this Super 8 - the lift for those in wheel chairs was one of the very first thing to catch my eye.
Real cedar sauna at Super 8 Hotel

Then there was the sauna - a real cedar sauna, the pool and hot tub along with the work out room. I availed myself of all of these amenities except the pool.
The guest laundry was well used by myself too as I washed all of the clothes I needed and dried out a few too!
 
The Breakfast Room
The Breakfast Room
The room had doors pointing to the hall and the parking lot. I was disappointed in the room on a couple of levels: The electrical is not convenient to get to and the table was so small I had to move the coffee pot and information rack to the bureau that holds the TV and microwave/fridge so that I could set up my lap top and get some work done. The bed however was very comfortable and the rest of the room was very thoughtfully laid out.

Moving things around to accommodate work


The hot tub! at Super 8 Hotel
The hot tub!
The pool area
The pool area
work out room
The work out room
But beyond those minor irritations - I give this place a 4.5 out of 5 - I must say Michelle is a large reason for the extra 1/2 point!

Super 8 Campbellton
26 Duke Street
Campbellton NB E3N 2K3
506-753-8080
Toll Free: 866-867-6070

If you find yourself in the region - why not check out this really rider friendly motel out - I am sure you will enjoy your stay - I know I did.
Use your BDB card and make sure to tell them Belt Drive Betty sent you!

Until next time - ride safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment